How to take care of the garden in the fall
In the fall, many shrubs change their colors. Leaves change color, red dominates, yellow and orange. The gardens then look very beautiful and create interesting compositions with various shrubs. Autumn is the time to prepare gardens for winter. They should be taken care of well, to stay in good condition for next year.
- If there are annuals in the garden, which will no longer bloom, they must be dug out of the ground. This way we will be sure, that if we plant them in the same place next year, the flowers will not be attacked too quickly by weeds.
- Planting bulbs should be done just in the fall. Tulips, daffodils, crocuses are frost-resistant flowers. But, to be sure, that they will bloom, it is worth sprinkling the places with bark or sawdust, where the flowers were planted.
- If there are thuja in your garden, do not trim them in late autumn - this way you will be sure, that they will survive the winter.
- It is also important to protect the plants from frost - a small mound should be built to protect the roots. A great way to protect trees is to whiten the trunks. This treatment is aimed at preventing the so-called. scale damage caused by a sudden change in day and night temperatures.
- In the fall, a fan rake will be useful to collect leaves. If we don't get rid of them from the lawn, in the spring it may turn out, that the turf will be deficient.